3.1. Administrator responsibilities
MyPortfolio is provided for free to New Zealand schools through support from the New Zealand Ministry of Education. The Ministry gives its support based on the assumption that the schools take care of most of the user administration themselves.
Each school should have at least one administrator on MyPortfolio. More than one person can be administrator, but the number of administrators should be kept small enough so that consistency is given.
As administrator for your school on MyPortfolio, you are expected to do the following:
- Be the primary support person for MyPortfolio at your school.
- Have a valid email address for your administrator account to receive notifications from your school’s users as well as for the site administrator team to be able to get in touch with you.
- Respond to queries from the site administrator team when you are contacted to deal with queries relating to users in your school.
- Deal with complaints, esp. objectionable content, in regards to portfolios by your school’s students and staff. It is up to you what actions you take with the students, but you will need to make a decision about the complaint.
- Do the user management for your school including
- Changing the authentication method if needed.
- Invite users from other schools into your school on MyPortfolio if they are moving to your school or accept their request to join your school on MyPortfolio.
- Approve or deny registrations from people wanting to register for your school if you allow registrations.
- Create accounts for your users if you don’t want them to register individually.
- Decide on the settings for your school, esp. on the institution settings.